Thursday, February 08, 2007

For that special someone

Today's run; 10 degrees, cold, windy, the usual 4 1/2 miles, blah, blah, blah...The days seem to run together lately. I feel sort of like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day."

In more exciting running news, this weekend I have a local fun run on my agenda. It is the 2nd annual Heart of St. Paul 5k in, coincidentally enough, St. Paul, MN! I ran here last year as well, and the course is the exact same as that of last November's Turkey Run, so I am very familiar with this jaunt around Como Lake. The Heart of St. Paul is a low pressure, Valentine's Day-themed event that entices runners with the promise of chocolates afterwards. Nice! I have no desire to be fast, I am just planning to bundle up, run, and have some fun with other members of the local running community on a frigid Sunday morning.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, a friend of mine sent me this delightful and amusing non-running related item today:

Ladies, in lieu of going to a nice restaurant, what would you think if your man brought you to White Castle for a "Cupid's Crave Kit" for your Valentine's Day dinner? Now, I am single, but if I had a girlfriend or wife, I can't imagine the guts it would take to pull this off, even if it was intended to be a joke. She would look at you like you were a real-life Homer Simpson. Furthermore, I am not even sure I would want to know what the "keepsake items to heat up your homespun romance" are that come with this kit. Wow. And then there is the whole issue of wine pairing. Do you make up for your cheapness with an expensive bottle of something like a Castello Banfi Summus, or do you "slum it" with a 5-liter box of Franzia to fully complete this culinary ensemble?

I could go on and on. But at the very least, you could be slightly more upscale and go to Culver's for their famous "ButterBurgers"... ;-)

Mmmmm...ButterBurgers,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails