Monday, March 19, 2007

Beating the post race doldrums

Here are a couple of links to some photographers that were capturing the action at yesterday’s Human Race. Glossy Digital Photography was there (you can find shots of me on page 23, 2nd row down!), and also the Charities Challenge folks were taking some pictures as well.

Ah yes, the day after a race. Today is a day off from running so I can recuperate. It doesn’t always happen, but sometimes I experience some post-race doldrums. I have so much fun, and the next race is still aways off. The euphoria subsides a little bit as I realize it’s back to the old routine. Get up on a Monday morning, go to work, sit through more and more meetings, blah, blah, blah.

Races are a great escape from all of that, as is running in general. And I am finding it is helpful to plot out some future events so I have something to work towards and keep me motivated.

It is almost a month until the next race, which will be the Pike Island Rundezvous 10k on April 15th. This is a pretty small trail race at Fort Snelling State Park. Should be a pretty low-pressure and quite scenic event, and it will be fun to hit the trails! I can't wait.

Until then, I look forward to lacing up my shoes tomorrow and going for my afternoon run. :)

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails