Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bring on spring!

What a fantastic day! Right now it is in the upper 40’s and is bright and sunny. Nice!

This morning I ended up doing a 9 mile run. It was so comfortable when I went out, about 28 degrees, and I was treated to a beautiful sunrise. The bike path was nearly impassable because all the water from the melting snow had frozen overnight, so I stuck to the streets in my neighborhood.

While on my run, I noticed a remarkable number of birds that were singing, a clear sign of spring. There were the new arrival robins and mourning doves who are back from their winter trip down south. The cardinals, chickadees, and blue jays were chirping away. The pileated woodpecker was cackling and hammering away on his trees. And I saw a sharp-shinned hawk making a couple of circles over the rooftops in search of prey. A great day for birds. They are happy that spring is around the corner, and so am I!

My run was a really good one. As I said in my previous post, it is so nice to have traction again! I just set my cruise control and ran a pretty easy pace.

After my run, I went and did some shopping, and I had lunch at a local joint, the Ole Piper Inn. I’ve been here a couple of times now, and I highly recommend the “Piper Burger.” Yum! And if you are in the area on St. Patrick's Day, they are giving a way a "basket of booze" to the best dressed leprechaun! Hmmmm...I think I will pass. I have a race the following day! :)

Currently I am watching the NASCAR Busch Series demolition derby...er, I mean, race. Two big crashes in the first 20 laps! The boys are having a little trouble with the new track surface at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ought to make for a most interesting cup race tomorrow.

Enjoying nicer weather,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails