Thursday, March 01, 2007

In like a lion

If I may digress for a moment, I am a huge fan of the TV show "Lost." Hands down, my favorite thing on TV. Every week leaves me intrigued, and usually with more questions than answers. I never know what will be next, and it keeps me guessing. Few programs do that for me anymore.

Anyhow, a pleasant and unexpected surprise from last night's episode was that the song "Shambala" by Three Dog Night was featured prominently. I love this song. If it were not loaded on my iPod, this is a favorite classic rock tune of mine that I would rarely hear. What a treat to see Hurley driving the bus with a little Three Dog Night blasting in the background!

And if the "road to Shambala" is located in Minnesota, it would be snow-covered today. :)

I am sure many people (at least those in the snow belt, for certain) have heard the expression "In like a lion, out like a lamb." This is in reference to March weather, the premise being that if the weather is horrible at the start of the month, it should be nice at the end. The converse of that expression is also used if the weather is good at the start, that could mean it will suck at the end of the month!

Well, March definitely came in like a lion. We got slammed with our second storm in less than a week, just as predicted. I was able to work from home today (which I was extremely thankful for). And because of the dire weather forecast for the afternoon, I decided to do my run early in the morning before I started work (which I am glad I did). Despite getting hit by freezing pellets of rain, it was a really nice run. There was a crunchy layer of an inch or two of heavy snow that fell overnight that aided in traction and cushioning. A good run.

And I am glad I did it in the morning. While working on my projects today, I would take the occasional look out the window to see "white out" conditions. At times, the snow was coming down so hard that I could not see the condos that are right across the street. A couple of people were even driving their snowmobiles right down the middle of the street (which is illegal, but who is going to stop them?). As of this afternoon, they still say "the worst is yet to come." Wow.

Enjoying the indoors,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails