Wednesday, March 21, 2007

“Lost” in the fog with the birds

Weird weather today. The Twin Cities was draped under a blanket of fog and mist. The temperature in my neighborhood was 49 degrees though, so it was really comfortable. Spring is officially here, so it is time to break out the shorts!

I changed up my route and stuck mostly to the trails this afternoon. I did 5 1/2 miles, and It was most pleasant. I only saw a few other folks, mainly dog walkers, and one other runner. For the most part, the trails were all mine.

The birds were very active today. I heard my first killdeer when I was running through the open field in the park, so they have returned from their winter down south. I also heard my buddy, the pileated woodpecker, laughing away in the woods. I even got to see a dead tree that he has absolutely shredded in recent days. His work is impressive. I will have to bring a camera on my next run to capture his handiwork, because it is most impressive. Quite the carpenter, this majestic bird!

Unrelated to anything, I can’t wait for the new episode of ”Lost” tonight! What is Jack doing with “The Others?” What will Ben reveal to Locke, if anything? I’ll be tuning in at 9 PM to find out! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails