Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring arrivals

Exactly three weeks ago, the high temperature was 15 degrees, and we were still shoveling out from a snowstorm.

Today? 78 degrees, sunny, and gorgeous. Wow, what an upswing!

I dug out the tank top for my run this afternoon, and I went 5 1/2 miles, mainly through the park on the trails. There was a pretty stiff south wind that offered a little bit of cooling, but it felt pretty hot. My body hasn’t adjusted to the weather transition just yet!

Some new bird sightings to report. I saw a number of chipping sparrows today, the first I have seen this year. I love this little bird. Sure, they are common, but they have a lot of character. It is good to see them back.

Also, along the trail in the park, there is a nesting platform that was built on the shoreline of a pond. Today, there was an osprey sitting on the nest, also a first for the season. I was pretty excited to see her, and it is going to be fun to watch them over the summer.

How wonderful to see all of the birds returning. This is a great time of year.

Loving spring,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails