Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yesterday's food and fun

As today is my day off from running, I thought I would share a little more from my day from yesterday!

After my run in the morning, I went to Maple Grove to go to both Dick’s Sporting Goods and R.E.I. so I could pick up some running supplies. I wasn't thrilled with the selection of short-sleeved running shirts (uh, guys, the season is upon us!). But I found a long-sleeved technical shirt on the clearance rack for $11, bought a pair of shorts and some socks, and stocked up on concentrated energy; I picked up several packs of Clif Shot Bloks and gels, and even some Jelly Belly “Sport Beans.” That ought to keep me going for awhile!

Following my shopping excursion, I went for lunch at The Lookout Bar & Grill, also in Maple Grove. It is a really cool little neighborhood joint that has been there for decades. Damn good burgers, and very reasonable prices.

My “Shroom Swissburger” at The Lookout



The afternoon brought a little grocery shopping, and then I returned home to take in more sports than I could handle. NASCAR racing, NCAA basketball, and some PGA golf where I watched my fantasy golfer, Robert Allenby, slowly slide out of contention at the WGC - CA Championship!

Not to be outdone by a restaurant, I managed to make some good food of my own for dinner.

I made a batch of pizza dough earlier in the week, so I decided to put it to good use. iI whipped up a homemade pizza with Nueske's Canadian bacon, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and some of that wonderful fresh spring asparagus.

Fun with homemade pizza!



It was both pretty and delicious, if I do say so myself! :)

All in all, a great day. And today is more of the same. More NASCAR, more basketball, more golf. more, more, more! And this evening I am making a pheasant that my brother gave me. I'm preparing it "coq au vin" style with red wine, so I am greatly looking forward to that!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails