Monday, April 02, 2007

Fun with food, and bracing for..snow?

I had a good time cooking over the weekend, as well as tonight.

Yesterday, I whipped up a Thai basil chicken stir-fry that was awesome. I also used a Thai black rice that is not only pretty, but quite tasty as well. It is fun to cook with exotic ingredients once in awhile!

Last night’s Thai basil chicken with black rice



And tonight, I made a quick and easy frittata using some wonderful Compart Farms bacon, fresh basil, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and provolone cheese. Yum.

Tonight’s frittata



Anyhow, a nice day today. I had originally planned on taking it off, since I ran long yesterday. However, after seeing the latest weather forecast, I figured I had better take advantage of the mild weather (more on the forecast in a second).

I took it easy and did a 4 miler this afternoon, taking some of the trails and doing a partial lap around the lake. Sunny, 45 degrees, light breeze; a good running day. Things were relatively quiet on the birding front. Most of the usual suspects were around, and no new sightings to report. The run was quite enjoyable, and I was glad I decided to go out.

The weather forecast for tomorrow? A snow advisory for me here in the metro, and just a little bit north of here is the border for a winter storm watch! Huh? It was 81 degrees a week ago today! We could get anywhere from 2-5 inches according to the latest projections.

Ugh! Just when you think you are done with the snow, you get smacked again. Welcome to Minnesota, where winter storms can happen in the spring. :)

Looking for my ice scraper,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails