Sunday, May 06, 2007

Blowing in the wind

It is looking like rain here in the Cities, but I got in my run this morning before any of that starts. The wind out of the southeast was fierce! That made for tough going at the start, but I planned my route so the wind would be at my back (or at the very least, helping me) for the last half of my run.

I did a little over 11 miles today, trying to taper back a little bit since my half marathon is just two weeks away. It was a good, steady run, challenging at first with the wind, but I managed to finish strong. Very comfortable temperatures in the upper 50’s as well. I love running in weather like this!

Some new wildlife to report today. The great egret has returned. I saw a few of them while I was out and about on Saturday, and I saw more on my run this morning. Also, I was surprised to see a coyote emerge from a wooded area and run across a yard. He was a pretty healthy looking one, too (some of these guys are pretty scruffy). “Wile E.” was off on his morning hunt, but alas, we do not have roadrunners up here in this neck of the woods. (Well, except for me, but I don’t think I am his type of "roadrunner!")

Last night’s NASCAR race in Richmond was postponed until today, so I have something to watch this afternoon. Also, I will be cooking up some of Giada de Laurentiis’ chicken ragu for dinner tonight. Giada’s recipes rock!

Enjoy you Sunday!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails