Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good food from the weekend

As per usual, there was no shortage of food over the weekend. Mom and Dad pulled out all the stops and dished up some pretty good chow.

Dad's famous applewood-smoked ribs and Mom's vegetable casserole



Dad made prime rib and his excellent Applewood smoked BBQ ribs. Mom took a few pages out of Giada De Laurentiis' cookbooks and made some awesome Parmesan-crusted pork chops and a vegetable casserole with fresh basil. And we did the bratwurst cookout on Memorial Day, which was a great way to kick off the summer. As you can see, I ate quite well at home!

I also went into Grand Marais one day to have lunch at a new restautant. The Wild Onion Café just opened earlier this month and is located in the Harbor Inn Hotel. They have a menu that is familiar but creative, with lots of great looking sandwiches. I had a Rueben that was excellent.

My Rueben sandwich at the Wild Onion Café



On the way back to the Cities after my trip was over, I couldn't resist stopping for a bacon cheeseburger at Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet, MN. This place is a landmark that has been serving delicious fast food during the summer months since 1960, so it is pretty hard to pass up when in the area. And the burger and fries were wonderful.

Needless to say, all that eating gave me great fuel for running and hiking! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails