Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Perfect timing

Some wicked storms moved through the metro this afternoon. Aside from some heavy rain in my neighboor, most of it missed us to west. I understand the cities of Plymouth and Brooklyn Park have several areas with lots of damage and many trees down. The TV news just showed some really big trees down on the Plymouth area, so they had some huge winds. Here is hoping eveyone is safe.

I managed to get in my run this afternoon without even getting rained on much. There was a bit of light drizzle when I started, but it soon stopped. The air was thick with humidity, with a fresh after-the-rain scent, making it quite pleasant. There was a gray catbird I scared up on the trail (he appeared to have been taking advantage of some worms on the dirt trail!). And I met only one other pedestrian, so I had the trails virtually to myself. I did my normal 4 1/2, and the moment I walked into the apartment, the heavens opened up and the rain began to pour again. Perfect timing.

Tomorrow I am off to the Great White North to visit my family for an extended Memorial Day vacation. I can't wait to get up there! I look forward to my time up there, and I will be back next week to share any good stories about running, bird watching, eating, and hanging out with the family!

Until next time,

Vacation Boy
Related Posts with Thumbnails