Friday, May 11, 2007

Still burning

It was a beautiful day in the Cities. Low 70’s, lots of sunshine, and low humidity. Quite a difference from the 86 degree scorcher we had yesterday!

I ran 5 1/2 miles this afternoon just because I felt like going a little longer. For the most part, it was a pretty easy run, but I threw in a couple of good speed bursts to make it more productive.

A new bird today; the rose-breasted grosbeak showed up. I stopped running for a minute to take a good look at him. He’s a beauty! Also, while I have already seen him this year, a broad-winged hawk flew over me and did his wheezy whistle. It is always cool to see the hawks.

To follow up on my last post, the Ham Lake Fire is still burning on the Gunflint. Even more evacuations have occurred, and last I heard my brother is still up there fighting the fire. Still, nobody has been hurt, which is good. Here is a link to the Minnesota Incident Command System that has all the details of this fire, along with some surreal pictures.

Please continue to keep the area residents, and all those fighting this monster, in your thoughts.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails