Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wanna get married?

I went running on both Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Wednesday was supposed to be a day off, but I needed the stress relief.

Both runs were quite nice. I did 5 1/2 on Tuesday, and 4 1/2 yesterday. Nice weather, a little hot yesterday, but I ran well on each day. Again, I saw lots of butterflies, so apparently it is a good time of year for them!

On to my home buying research; I met with my bank on Wednesday and found out kind of what I had feared. On my income, I can’t afford a traditional house. About my only option would be to look at townhomes (which don’t really interest me because I don’t want to share a common wall with anyone).

Even still, to get into a modestly priced townhome, when you add up everything including the house payment, property tax, insurance, heating, electric, and the outrageous “association dues” (which based on my research run between $150 to $200 per month, essentially to have someone mow the grass and shovel the sidewalk!), it would amount to more than half of my monthly take-home pay. That’s awfully steep, and I feel like that would leave me strapped for cash. Needless to say, I am quite frustrated.

The way I figure, my only solution is to get someone to join me in this home buyng adventure. A second income would be most helpful. So if there are any single runner girls out there who want to get hitched, let me know. Even though I am not much to look at and love NASCAR, I have a fun and quirky sense of humor, I'm relatively intelligent, and man, can I ever cook. :)

See, I told you I can cook? This entirely homemade pizza could be yours! :)



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails