Thursday, July 05, 2007

Kudos, fireworks, running, and meetings

First of all, I want to give a shout out to my buddy, Brett. He ran his first 5k fun run last weekend, completing it in 27:35. Way to go, dude! :)

Last night being the 4th, I was treated to an impressive fireworks display from my balcony. Understand that fireworks (at least, the good one) are illegal in Minnesota, unless they are put on by a professional outfit. There were some awesome fireworks going off to the east of me coming from a residential neighborhood, so these clearly fell into the illegal ranks! Still, I enjoyed them. There were some pretty big boomers, too!

This afternoon’s run was kind of warm at 87 degrees, sunny, and windy. I ran 5 1/2 miles today, putting in a bit of an extra effort so I could run on some more trails! Nice day out there. Saw a few mourning cloak butterflies, the catbird, and the osprey. Always a treat to see some wildlife!

Tomorrow I will run in the morning and then head downtown Minneapolis for a couple of days of meetings. I actually get to stay in a hotel tomorrow night, so that is a decent perk for having to work on Saturday. Anyhow, I am sure it will be interesting, and the food is usually pretty good (and plentiful) at events of this nature!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails