Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My 4th

Happy 4th to all!

Today was a day off from work, as well as from running, so I pretty much got to sleep in a little and goof around all day.

I took a short road trip into Wisconsin to the town of Hudson. It was a gorgeous, warm summer day in the mid 80’s, so nobody should have any complaints about the weather!

I took a walk down to the park along the St. Croix river in downtown Hudson. There was a lot of boating activity, as you can see, and what a perfect day for it. A lot of people were enjoying their 4th on the water!

Wisconsin on the left...Minnesota on the right!



My main reason for going to Hudson was to make a return trip to Barker’s Bar & Grill. Currently, this is my favorite burger on the planet; the “Tyson Burger, coated with blackened seasonings, as well as bleu and Monterey Jack cheeses. It is cooked to order, and it is magnificent. As good as I remembered. The fries are homemade, too. Simply awesome!

For my money, this is as good as it gets



I took a leisurely drive home through the St. Croix River Valley. It was very pretty, and many little towns along the way were having celebrations. A nice day to be out enjoying the countryside.

No plans tonight, as I have to work tomorrow. Ugh! (There should be a rule that the 4th of July can never land on a Wednesday! Is there a "4th of July Task Force" we can talk to about this?) I guarantee it is going to feel like Monday when I arrive at the office in the morning. Oh well, it will get me to the weekend quicker, I suppose!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails