Monday, July 09, 2007

Summer storms and raspberries

We had a few storms rumble through the metro yesterday afternoon. It wasn’t too bad where I live, but some areas just got dumped on with heavy rain, hail, and damaging winds. Welcome to the summer storm season in Minnesota.

Scary looking clouds



The above picture was taken from my deck as the first wave moved through. Pretty scary looking! It even got published on the WCCO web site as part of a slideshow of the storm.

With the storms pushing through, it led to a much nicer day today. Slightly cooler at 85, but much less humidity.

I went for the usual 4 1/2 miles this afternoon. My legs felt really good after the 12 miler yesterday, so I got in a somewhat spirited run. The heat didn’t even feel too bad.

I forgot to mention this in yesterday’s post, but I found a wild raspberry patch along the trail with ripe berries! Over the last two days, I have stopped for a brief "raspberry break" during my runs. Hey, you have to, right? The season is short, plus they make for a nice little natural sugar boost! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails