Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sweating like a madman

So it was only 95 degrees today with a large dose of humidity thrown in for good measure. Ugh! Tough running today.

I took it very easy this afternoon, putting in my regular route, but at a relatively slow pace. It is just so hard to run well on days like this, so it is always better to err on the side of caution and dial things down.

I was a little upset during my run. Along the bike trail, the park maintenance folks apparently decided to take a brush cutter and mow down an 8-foot swath along each side of the trail. This effectively wiped out countless mature raspberry and black raspberry patches. What the hell? Why would they do this? The cute little wooded trail now looks like it has a freeway going through it. I just don’t understand.

In positivie nature news, the ospreys were in their nest tonight, and there appears to be at least one chick with them, so they are proud parents. Great to see! And I also saw a white admiral butterfly. I had seen these up at Mom and Dad’s, but this is the first one I have seen in the metro this year. A very pretty insect!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails