Monday, August 27, 2007

Are you ready for some football?!?

Some thunderstorms roared through the area last night, leaving us with a humid, sticky day today, and the promise of more rain tonight.

The run was very nice this afternoon. I feel great after the 21 miler on Saturday, and I had a lot of speed and stamina today. I am happy that I recovered so well. I hope this means I have been doing the right things over the course of my training.

Not too much new in the way of wildlife. A few catbirds, some egrets, and there is still an osprey hanging out. Not much in the way of people, either. I only saw one woman on the middle of the trail carrying a big bag of apples (a strange thing to be carrying in the middle of a trail!). Otherwise, the neighborhood was all mine.

Are you ready for some football? I am! Tomorrow night is my fantasy football draft. The group is meeting at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. This is sort of a default location for my circle of friends for various social gatherings, trip planning meetings, or, in this case, fantasy drafts. Many of us have been coming to these places when they were simply known as “BW3.” There will be some spicy chicken wings, lots of jokes, and plenty of trash talking, I am certain! :)

Oh, and last night a made a delicious dish. I cooked up some venison stroganoff, completed with crimini mushrooms and caramelized onions. I added some peas, and served it over whole-wheat vegetable rotini pasta, because it there ever was a dish that could use some color, it is stroganoff. Yum!

Venison stroganoff with some added color!



Ready for football season,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails