Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A bug's life

The last couple of days have been wet in the Twin Cities. One thing that I had taken for granted during our dry summer was the lack of bugs. Well, the damp weather seems to have brought them out in full force!

On the run this afternoon, I was greeted by clouds of little moth-like insects, smacking me in the face, flying up my nose, etc. I didn’t have to deal with this all summer, and now I am coughing and sputtering, trying to brush them away as I ran along the trails!

Even with the bugs, the run was very good tonight; just the usual route, and I felt strong and quick, with a nice speedy finish. Comfortable weather, too. 74 degrees, overcast, and a few raindrops mixed in for good measure.

When I started running almost 3 1/2 years ago, I started keeping a log of my mileage, which I have maintained to this day. On today’s run, the odometer clicked past 4000! Always kind of cool to hit a milestone like that! Here is to the next 4000. And the next, and the next, and the next...

Oh, and unrelated to anything, my kung pao chicken from Sunday was outstanding. Very tasty, and loaded with enough dried chiles and chile sauce that it made my nose run. Hot, hot, hot! But oh-so yummy! :)

Or should I call it “Kung POW!”?



Adding some spice to my life,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails