Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fantasy football aftermath

What a spectacular day today. 75, sunny, and almost a fall crispness to the air. Unfortunately, it was a scheduled day of rest from running! :(

No run to report today, obviously, but I had a great one yesterday, even in the rain. We had a steady drizzle for much of the day, but I got in a fun 6 miler on the bike paths and trails. The rain helped to keep me cool, and I ran strong. I was the only other pedestrian of any kind out there, so the neighborhood was all mine. By the time I was done, I look like I fell in the lake. Soaked from head to toe.

I tried to run quickly as well, because as soon as I was done, I had to hustle over to the west metro for the fantasy football draft!

The draft was a lot of fun. I got to see some friends that I had not seen in awhile. A couple of guys could not attend in person, so one of them loaned out his conference call dialup information so we could have an interactive session. It was a good time. Lots of laughs, with plenty of good natured ribbing (like when Jeff took the Baltimore defense with his 5th round pick...huh?!?). And the chicken wings were mighty tasty at Buffalo Wild Wings. (I opted for 6 of the "hot" and 6 of the "Caribbean Jerk" flavored...yummy...and, ouch!)

I ended up with a few good players (Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Randy Moss), and a some rather suspect players (Jake Delhomme, Muhsin Muhammed). We will see how things go. These fantasy football teams are always a crapshoot! :)

Bring on the NFL Week One!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails