Thursday, August 23, 2007

More signs of fall

Most of today was rainy, and I don’t think I have seen the sun since last Friday! It has been quite a stretch of damp, foggy weather we have been having lately when most of the summer was so dry.

I ran a little more the 5 miles today, running through the raindrops. It was actually very pleasant; a cool 65 degrees, and a little bit of rain to cool you down. Running in the rain is kind of nice.

So today marks the beginning of the Minnesota State Fair. This is a very well attended event, and people come from many miles away to see all the exhibits, ride the rides, and eat deep-fried food on a stick. I must confess that I am a bad Minnesotan. I have only been there once (nearly 20 years ago, and it was because I had to!). I was in a singing group that performed in the talent competition, so I was obligated to be there. But it is a big deal. The fair is incredibly popular, and some people at work actually take vacation days to go!

The point I am trying to make is that, much like seeing the migrating warblers and northern flickers during my previous runs, the State Fair is a sure sign of fall. Summer is almost over, friends! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails