Thursday, August 30, 2007

Off to the Great White North

Yet another grogeous day in the metro. 77, and not a cloud in the sky. I put in another 6 miler today just because it was so nice! The run was a good one, performed at a moderate pace; not too fast, but not too slow. A great day to be outside in Minnesota.

I am starting to see some different birds again, some that I have not seen since spring. Today I spotted an eastern kingbird in an open area of the park. I also saw a few small flycatchers, likely the least flycatcher, as well as an eastern phoebe. The migration south is starting to pick up!

Sorry to keep this short but I have lots of packing to do. Tomorrow after work, I am heading north to Mom and Dad's place for the Labor Day weekend. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, as well as doing some running, hiking, birding, and of course, eating! Should be a great time, as always.

Everyone have a safe and fun holiday weekend, and I will talk to you next week!

Until then,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails