Thursday, August 16, 2007

A perfect summer day

A picture perfect summer day in the metro; 81 degrees with plenty of sun and blue skies, low humidity, and a gentle breeze. Nice!

I had a pleasant run after work. Just the usual route today, and nothing too strenuous. I saw (and heard) the gray catbird again (he has been out there virtually every day for the last month), and I saw four great egrets wading in the shallow creek in the park.

Last night we had a good time at our celebratory dinner for work. There were eight of us who went to Biaggi’s in Maple Grove. I’m not a big chain restaurant guy, but this place does a very nice job. I had the “Penne Sardi,” which contained grilled chicken, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and penne pasta in a sun-dried tomato and cream sauce, which is thrown under thr broiler with some bread crumbs on top before serving. Quite tasty! It was a fun event, and it was enjoyable getting to know some of my extended team members a little better.

It’s been a busy week, and tomorrow is Friday. Woohoo! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails