Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fuzzy squirrels

Another lovely day in the metro; low 70's, puffy clouds, plenty of sunshine, and no humidity. Nice!

I did a 5 mile run after work, and it was most enjoyable. Just a really pleasant day. Most of the usual suspect birds were out and about. The leaves continue to change rapidly. I rescued a woolly bear caterpillar from certain doom on the bikepath. And I noticed that the gray squirrels are starting to get their fuzzy winter fur.

Longtime readers might recall my theory about fuzzy squirrel in September equating to a long winter. While last winter was not exactly snowy, it was cold, and we didn't get a lot of snow until March. I think I need at least another year to see if this theory can be proven. :)

Runners of the world, be sure to tune in to the season premiere of NBC's "The Office" tonight at 8 PM CST. Apparently, Michael organizes a 5k fun run for charity. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a T-shirt from a Dunder Mifflin-sponsored race!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails