Thursday, September 13, 2007

Onward to Walker!

Our autumn-like weather continues. There was some heavy rain that moved through the Cities this morning,, and the afternoon remained somewhat overcast. However, the day was very pleasant for my last run before the big race! :)

I did an easy 4 miles this afternoon at a relatively casual pace. Just saving up my energy at this point. It was a very enjoyable run with a number of interesting birds. I saw a flock of northern flickers near an open area along the trail. There must have been at least eight of them. Also, some birds I have not seen in a couple months, the eastern bluebirds are working their way south. There were a dozen or so near the edge of the golf course. A lot of northern Minnesota had some frost the other day, so I am sure that is why these birds are on the move. They are going where the insect are!

Anyhow, race day is nearly upon us! Tonight I am busy doing laundry, getting packed, and making all my last minute preparations. Tomorrow I hop in the car and head north to Walker. I am very excited! I’ve been kind of restless this week, as my training has been lighter, and basically because of my anticipation of the weekend. I am ready to have a good time!

Have a great weekend, everyone! I look forward to sharing my experience with you when I return.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails