Friday, September 21, 2007

A wild week

This week has been rather busy interesting.

Following my marathon weekend, I had to turn in my letter of resignation at work on Monday morning. Not easy to do, as I really like my supervisor. Then we started the process of notifying those people who needed to know, and we made arrangements for other people to take over my projects.

Shortly thereafter, word trickled around the office that I was leaving in two weeks, so I have been receiving a lot of e-mails, phone calls, and visitors to my cube to wish me well. I got taken out to lunch three times this week! My colleagues have been very supportive, and their kindness has been quite flattering.

That being said, I am glad it is Friday! I am looking forward to a somewhat relaxing weekend. I say “somewhat” because I have a fair amount of packing to do with my move coming up in a week an a half. Otherwise, it will be fun to hang out and just watch football and NASCAR!

I am happy to say I recovered very quickly from the marathon. Going into last weekend, I wasn’t sure how I would feel afterwards, but in fact, I have been running three times this week! Nothing too stressful, mind you, just some nice runs around my usual route (I even ran pretty well today after gorging myself on Thai hot pepper chicken with basil and peanuts at Big Bowl!). No ill effects from the big race, and I feel great. This confirmed for me that I am going about my training the right way.

It is really starting to look like fall here in Minnesota. The trees here in the metro are starting to show a yellowish tint, and I the next couple of weeks should be gorgeous. We are entering my favorite months of the year right now, and I am looking forward to the change of seasons, not to mention, the favorable running weather as well! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails