Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JeanTV

Following a couple of days off, I went running this morning. There had been some stiffness in my left knee after the half marathon (which I am attributing to the fact that I ran harder than originally expected!), but that has subsided with rest and I am feeling really good.

It was an easy 4 1/2 miles today, and a cool one at that. A brisk 38 degrees! I went with the full ensemble; running tights, long sleeved shirt, stocking cap, and gloves. What a nice run. I even saw a few snow flurries! I love running in weather like this.

And apparently, so do others. I met at least five other runners this morning. It would seem there are more runners in this neighborhood than my last. I even met another runner wearing a headlamp similar to mine! (Which begs the question, would something like this considered a running fashion "faux pas?" You know, kind of like when people show up to a party in the same outfit?)

On a completely unrelated note, I had been enjoying a new comedy about some socially retarded geniuses called "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS, and I was told it had already been canceled! Not fair! This always happens. The fun and quirky shows never seem to last. I suppose this would only clear the way for some moronic reality spin-off like "Dancing with the Bachelor" or "Sing Along with the Biggest Loser" or some dumb talent show with three former celebrity judges (one of whom is an arrogant ass). Ugh!

But alas, the news was wildly incorrect. "The Big Bang Theory" had actually been extended to a full 22 episodes this season. (Yay!)

But that got me thinking. Too many good shows and movies never get a chance. I want my own TV network where I can run all the shows I want, all the time. We could call it JeanTV.

I would broadcast the relatively recent shows that were good, but got the axe way too soon; programs like "Greg The Bunny," and "Vanished."

There would also be room for the old TV classics that disappeared way before their time, such as "Sledge Hammer!", "When Things Were Rotten," and "Police Squad!"

How about forgotten shows, like the "Alice" spin-off called ""Flo?" Remember "The Equalizer?" I'll put them on the air!

On weekends, there would be a laundry list of movies that I liked, even if the box office did not. Stuff that cracks me up like "Men At Work" with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez, "Murder By Death" with Peter Sellers and Peter Falk, "Top Secret" with Val Kilmer, and "Hot Shots!" (also with Charlie Sheen).

And, of course, there would be "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" marathons over the week of Halloween.

Really, is it too much to ask? I'll have my people contact your people, and we'll make this happen... ;-)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails