Sunday, October 07, 2007

Moved!

Awesome!

I am officially in my new apartment. There is nothing left at the old place, and I have already cleaned, so the only thing left is to turn in the keys. Aside from the unpacking (which I can do at my leisure), everything is all set. I am home. And I like it here.

My buddies helped me move yesterday, and we got all my big stuff over here in one piece. Even in spite of some rain in the morning (which was not predicted, by the way), the tarp over my bed saved the day.

(As a side note, on Friday night the weather forecasters called for 84 degrees and sunny on Saturday with no rain during the day. I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of rain pelting my window. Suddenly, it was a 60% chance of rain on Saturday. Now, think about your job. What if you were consistently 60% off on your numbers? Your boss would submit you for drug testing! Anyhow, I digress...)

When we were loading up at the old place, a smoking hot blonde girl was exiting the building (I had never seen her before today). All the boys were wondering why in the heck I was moving! Of course, then they questioned my manhood because my KitchenAid stand mixer is a wasabi green color, and I had lavender-chamomile soap in my bathroom (hey, it was on sale!). Needless to say, we made the task of moving a fun one, and there were lots of laughs.

For their efforts, I treated them to lunch at The Lookout Bar & Grill, a true classic, old school bar and restaurant here in the northwest metro. Great burgers and Broasted chicken...and ice cold beer, too!

This morning I went for an 8 mile run, and that was about all I could stand. Hot, humid, and disgusting. Plus, I was on tired legs from all of the activities this week. Yuck! I did see a whole flock of double-crested cormorants out on the lake, though, so that was cool. But to those running the Twin Cities Marathon today, all the best. It is going to be a tough one, and a finish today is something to brag about.

Nothing on the agenda today except for football, NASCAR, and making a pot of split pea soup. I am done carrying boxes for awhile! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails