Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Return to normalcy

It has been an uneventful few days. Not a lot of new stuff to report. But that is good! The last month has been all about new stuff, so a lull in the action is a welcome thing! :)

I have been running the last couple of days, once in the morning, and once in the evening. Nothing crazy, just my usual route. Both runs were quite pleasant, and yesterday evening I even ran in the drizzle! Temperatures are remaining cool, but comfortable. We are definitely starting to settle into fall here.

My new team took me out to lunch today to welcome me into the fold! We went to a place called Axel's Bonfire, which I thought was excellent. They do all kinds of wood-fired dishes here, and everything on their rather large and varied menu looked great. I settled on the Cuban sandwich (I'm kind of a sucker for these…you don't see them on too many menus, so I like to order these when I have a chance!), which was quite tasty and very filling. I would come back to this restaurant in a heartbeat.

The new apartment continues to treat me well. People I pass in the hallways have all been friendly and polite. They will actually say hello to you, even the kids. And to my surprise, there seems to be a large number of retired folks living here. Why, there was even a bingo game going on in the party room last night! This is a completely different world from my old place. So far, I really like it here. Although, I am disappointed it has not been cold enough to run the fireplace, but I am sure that will change soon enough! :) This is Minnesota, after all.

This weekend brings the last "big" race of the year, the Big Woods Run half marathon down in Nerstrand. I have no goals for this race at all. This is being done purely for fun, and to get out and run some trails in the woods with other runners! I am hoping some of the fall colors are still showing themselves down there. I guess they said last weekend was the "peak" in that region of the state, and this week we have had a lot of rain, which I am sure has taken down a lot of the leaves. But it will still be pretty, and the weather forecast actually looks good! Hopefully that holds true. It would be a nice way to cap off a fun race season!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails