Sunday, November 11, 2007

Football, food, and fun!

It has been a fairly uneventful weekend. Just lots of food, football, and fun!

Friday night right after work, I headed over to the local Buffalo Wild Wings for the annual fantasy golf league "awards ceremony!" Basically, it is just a good excuse to get together with friends and have some hot wings and a couple of "Black & Tans." Good times! I had two flavors of wings; the Caribbean jerk, and the plain old "hot." The jerk is really flavorful, and the hot is...well, hot!

Saturday morning it was time to run, so I did my 6 1/2 around the lake. I went at a pretty easy pace because it was kind of a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain in the form of little ice pellets! Nothing like getting stung when you are trying to run. Other than that, it was a pleasant run. Cool temps, easy pace, very nice!

Following a little grocery shopping, I had lunch at the Mainstreet Bar & Grill in Hopkins. Perhaps over a decade ago when I worked in this area, we would go here for lunch on occasion. The bar has a lot of character, and tt was fun to return. The burger wasn't bad, either!

Good burgers at the Mainstreet!



The rest of the weekend has been all about sports. There were countless football games on yesterday. I always try to watch the games that Mike Partick and Todd Blackledge are calling because they have been doing this segment called "Todd's Taste of the Town." In a nutshell, Blackledge visits a local restaurant in whatever town they visit, and they film it for some filler during them games. They are always some good local joint. Last night in South Carolina, he had some sort of sandwich with two kinds of gravy on it! Classic.

Anyhow, today is more football with the Vikings-Packers rivalry game at noon, there is the second to the last NASCAR race of the season later on, and I am making some homemade spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I am taking a bit of a shortcut with the sauce in that I found a large can of Trader Joe's marinara that I wanted to try. But the meatballs are homemade, and I just got done rolling them out. They contain beef, pork, garlic, red pepper flakes, fennel seed, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails