Friday, November 02, 2007

"The office is currently closed for lunch."

Today at work I needed to contact one of the medical facilities we work with to have them resend some documentation. When I called the number, a recorded message starts playing and goes through the usual information. "You have reached the office of blah, blah, blah," and "If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911," etc. But then the message says the following:

"The office is currently closed for lunch."

What the hell?

You mean to tell me there are medical offices serving patients that just completely shut down for lunch? Good grief, there is some great service for you! I am reminded of the line that Dr. Beeper had in "Caddyshack" when he was talking to his office from the golf course: "Just snake a tube down her throat and I'll be there in about 4 hours!"

Anyhow, my morning running has been uneventful, and I think I have adjusted to my new schedule quite well. I have many nice, quiet routes I can take, and I usually meet a few other crazy runners or walkers out in the early morning hours. While I am still running the usual 4 ½ during the week, there won't be any really long weekend runs in the near future. This is the time to wind things down and rest the bones and muscles after a season of some big races! Sort of a "winter break," if you will.

But that doesn't mean there won't be races! I have one on Sunday, a little 5k cross country race in Falcon Heights called Rocky's Run. This one usually brings out a lot of current and former cross country studs and studettes, so I have no doubts that I will be finishing deep in the field! But the race will be fun nonetheless. And the weather forecast looks great.

Unrelated to anything, but very related to my earlier "JeanTV" post, I was pleased as punch to see that "Hot Shots! Part Deux" was on TV last night. A definite slapstick comedy classic from the "bad, but oh-so good" movie genre if there ever was one. This is the perfect example of the kind of programming that will run rampant on JeanTV once my network takes to the airwaves. :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails