Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving!

The results are in from the Turkey Run! I was one second off in my earlier post. My actual time was 22:09. This is really interesting (to me, at least), because that is the exact time I clocked at the 2005 Turkey Run. And, with my time at Rocky's Run being only one second slower than two years ago, that either means I am really consistent or I am not improving! :)

We are quickly approaching Turkey Day! I am getting terribly excited. I took a half day off of work this coming Wednesday, so I will be packing up the Silver Hornet and leaving for Mom and Dad's around lunchtime. I think the menu is more or less set, too. Wednesday night when I arrive, there will be a pot of Dad's seafood chowder simmering away on the stove (this is a day-before-Thanksgiving tradition). And for the big day, I believe we are grilling some tri-tips, and we are also having a dish with shrimp and scallops. Not bad!

I am guessing I might be too busy packing tomorrow night to get on the computer, so I wish a happy Thanksgiving to you all! travel safe, have fun, and I will talk to you when I return from the North Country! :)

All the best,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails