Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Snowshoeing, anyone?

A strange week compared to our recent cold snap. This week has felt downright mild. We have had days approaching the freezing mark, and there is actually a little bit of melting that has transpired.

My run this morning was good, just the usual 4.5. I must be getting on a fairly regular morning schedule, because I keep meeting the same two female runners on the same stretch of the bike path in roughly the same spot! (One of them wears a headlamp now, too...I am a trend setter!)

With the New Year rapidly approaching, it is time to start filling in the race calendar. I have my first event of 2008 scheduled. It will likely prove to be an interesting one. I am doing the Yukon Day 3 mile snowshoe race on Feb. 2nd in White Bear Lake. Perhaps to be more accurate I should say it is ON White Bear Lake! :) I have never done a snowshoe race before, so I will be in uncharted territory. This should be a lot of fun.

As for other races, I will do the Human Race 8k for certain (this will be the 4th year in a row), and I am tentatively thinking that I might do the Superior Trail Race 25k in May for my first "big" race of the year.

That is all I've got so far. The rest will fill in over time as I get my goals ironed out!

Time to finish this post. The Unit is on in about 20 minutes... :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails