Monday, January 07, 2008

Strange weather, sausage, and sports

So we go from a frigid December to a downright balmy January? This is odd. It has been above freezing for the last 3 days and somewhat foggy. Heck, the temperature was close to 40 on Sunday! Things will return to normal soon enough.

I was out of town for part of the weekend. One of the highlights was stopping at a small town meat market in the village of Kimball, MN. I swung into the Knaus Sausage House and loaded up on some fine meat products. This was sort of a trip down memory lane, as we would occasionally stop here on the way to visit my grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I got some bratwurst, mettwurst, old fashioned hot dogs, a couple kinds of summer sausage, jerky, and some buffalo teriyaki sticks. Just fantastic stuff! And the freezer is now pretty full!

Not much on the agenda tonight except for the BCS football championship game. I have no vested interest in either team, but I suppose if anything I will root for OSU since they are in the Big 10 Conference. I would just like to see a good game! Some of these BCS game matchups have really sucked.

I am also pretty excited that PGA golf season is upon us, so my golfing fantasy leagues have begun right where football left off. I have a somewhat respectable start, but the season is long! We will see where it goes from here.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails