Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to the deep freeze

So just when I start talking about how we are turning the corner and things seem to be shaping up around here in terms of weather (birds singing, a couple of mild days), the bottom completely drops out.

Once again, Mother Nature decided to show us who is boss, treating us to a morning at -9 degrees with a -22 wind chill! Needless to say, it was a little crisp on my run today, but not too bad when sheltered from the wind.

Today was somewhat noteworthy in that I did my weekday morning run without the headlamp! Our days are getting long enough that it is light enough at 6 AM to see where you are going, and by the time I am done, the sun is nearly coming up.

Maybe we are turning the corner after all?

Sunday's baked spaghetti with Italian sausage and mushrooms




In culinary news, on Sunday I made a delicious baked spaghetti with a spicy red sauce , loaded with Italian sausage and mushrooms. Yummy! I had never done a baked spaghetti before, but as you can see, it comes out a little bit like lasagna. An interesting alternative, and extremely tasty. It was the perfect "prepare ahead of time" meal that enabled me to enjoy the Daytona 500 without spending a lot of time in the kitchen! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails