Sunday, February 17, 2008

Law of averages

Out of curiosity, on Saturday I crunched some numbers and decided to see if I could come up with an average temperature for my runs over the winter.

I took a look at the temperatures during my runs from December 16, 2007, to Feb 16, 2008 (just to make for a nice, even 3 month block of time). Here is what I came up with:

Warmest run: 39 F (January 28th)

Coldest run: -15 F (January 19th)

Average temperature: 14.8 F

Good grief.

So, on average, I have been running at 14.8 degrees for the last 3 months! I have decided that I am ready for spring! :)

Saturday did give me a pretty nice day, and I did my longest run in some time. I completed 11 miles, doing a couple of laps around my lake. The sun was shining, chickadees and cardinals were singing, and I saw a pair of bald eagles sitting on a tree in the park. Nice. We are getting closer to spring, you can feel it!

I have to cut this short, as I am prepping my dinner now so I can just throw it into the oven. I can't miss the Daytona 500 this afternoon! :)

Gentlemen, start your engines!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails