Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Goodbye to winter?

So we go from having the most gorgeous of Sundays to a Tuesday where we got about 2 – 3 inches of snow. Then it got warm and everything melted. And now more snow is expected on Friday, just as I am trying to get out of here for the Easter holiday weekend. This is the never ending winter.

But hey, spring starts tomorrow, so that has to mean changes are in store. Things are changing. More and more birds are arriving. I am seeing all kinds of ducks, and a flock of Canada geese flew over my place this morning, honking like crazy.

I had a really nice run on Monday night in the pretty snow. Big flakes were falling down, and I had the trails all to myself. Snow was clinging to the small branches in the thickets, causing the poorly camouflaged bright red papa cardinal to stand out. It was an easy run the day after the race, but a most pleasant one.

Not too much else going on. As I mentioned, I am out of here for Easter as of Friday. I will be heading up to Mom and Dad’s for a long weekend, and I will not be returning until Tuesday. This will be great. I have not been up there since Christmas, so I can’t wait to hang out with the family, eat well, and take in the local wildlife.

Everyone have a fun and safe weekend, and I will talk to you when I return!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails