Saturday, March 15, 2008

I like short shorts

For the first time in 2008, I got to wear shorts on a run!

On Thursday, the temperature skyrocketed to 52 degrees. Wow, did that ever feel good! I broke out the summer shorts, long sleeved running shirt, cap (my summer cap, not a stocking cap), and did not need to wear any gloves.

What a treat! I am sure I probably blinded a few people with the glare off of my pasty white legs, but I don't care. I felt almost like a kid on the last day of classes. The suffering is over! Bring on spring! :)

Needless to say, there is hardly any snow left, and it is even starting to look like spring. I am also noticing the return of ducks and geese. It won't be long (perhaps a month or so) and we will start seeing a lot of the warblers making their way to their nesting grounds in the north. I can't wait!

Tonight I am going to make a shepherd's pie. I have not made this dish in ages. There was some excellent ground lamb at the local Byerly's, so I thought I would cook something a wee bit Irish this weekend since St. Patty's Day is just around the corner.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails