Monday, April 28, 2008

Snow, snow, go away!

Here is a recap of the weather for the past few days:

Saturday after my run, I did some shopping and had a little lunch at the Wayzata Bar & Grill. While eating my breaded fish sandwich, I was looking out the window at the snowflakes falling and being blown in a horizontal fashion. Upon leaving the restaurant, I felt so cold that I resorted to turning on the heated seats in my car for the drive home.

Sunday was a lazy day spent mostly indoors because it was chilly and overcast. In the afternoon, I was treated to a display of large, feather-like snowflakes falling outside of my window.

This morning I went running. Temperatures were in the upper 20’s, and there were a few places where I had to watch my footing. Certain areas of the bike path where water had been running across had frozen overnight, creating a veritable skating rink in places. On my drive to work, some ultra-fine snowflakes were visible when I was stopped at a light.

Quite the spring we are having, wouldn’t you say?

Of course, my grumblings should be kept in a proper perspective; we really didn’t have any accumulation down here except for what fell Saturday morning. Northern Minnesota experienced another huge dumping of snow. Insanity!

Still lots of wildlife to report. This morning I saw two deer, some bluebirds, the eagles, several egrets, a couple of swans, and even a solitary loon that was hanging out. Today’s new arrival was the cormorant. And not just one; there were at least three dozen of them floating around in the middle of the lake. I was lucky enough to see them take flight with a whole lot of splashing. Quite a sight!

I managed to do some pretty good cooking over the weekend. Saturday night I made homemade pizza with Italian sausage, artichokes, roasted red peppers, black olives, mushrooms, and a blend of many cheeses, including mozzarella (regular and smoked), Monterey jack, Emmenthaler, and a new favorite, Dolomitenkoenig (almost like a softer, nutty Swiss cheese, but from Italy).

Pizza of the gods



Yesterday I threw together a very nice spicy beef stir-fry, loaded with ginger, garlic, chilies, and tons of different veggies. And it was spicy enough to get my nose running! :)

Spicy and yummy



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails