Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sunrise Earth

No, not “Sunrise Earth” as in the Discovery Channel HD TV show. I’m talking about the “sunrise earth” I witnessed this morning on my run!

Morning has broken over the northwest metro



What a sight today with clear skies and the light breeze creating some gentle ripples on the lake. Throw in a few loons, some cormorants and ducks, chirping red-winged blackbirds and song sparrows, and my pair of nesting eagles, and it made for a sweet run this morning. Although it was not warm (still in the upper 30's, even though we are a day away from May), it is still very pretty, and some trees are starting to sprout leaves. Nice!

In food news, I also made another darn good pizza last night. I topped this one with smoked farmer’s sausage, red and yellow bell pepper, Vidalia onions (they in season…yippee!), black olive, mushrooms, and three kinds of cheese. Delicious!

More fun with pizza



I’ve been asked by a few folks if I make my own crust, and the answer is a definitive and enthusiastic “yes.” Here is my template; I use Alton Brown’s pizza dough recipe, only I incorporate 25% whole wheat to the total flour content just because that’s the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it! :) The recipe is easy and produces good, consistent results. If you have a stand mixer, you can knock the dough out in no time. And it keeps in a zip bag in the fridge for about a week, so you can have it on hand for those weekday dinnertime pizza cravings (like last night!).

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails