Monday, April 21, 2008

Wile E.

I was treated to a mild morning with temperatures in the low 50’s, partly cloudy, with a decent breeze; very pleasant for running. I felt pretty energetic today, too. Perhaps I am just enjoying the fact that we are now officially in “shorts” weather? :)

It would seem that we are still under an “extreme loon advisory” here in the metro. As I rounded the lake, I saw 10 more loons floating around the bay with several more in the air above me. They are really cruising through at the moment, and it has been a lot of fun to see such large numbers of them.

There was another funny wildlife encounter along the trail this morning, this time not involving birds. While running through the park, a coyote emerged from a low lying area and trucked across the trail about 30 yards in front of me. This was a fairly good looking specimen with nice fur, the only blemish being a slight kink in his tail.

Wile E.” eventually stopped in a field at a point where he thought he was a safe distance from me. Of course I started talking to him. He sat down, put his ears back, and tried to look nonchalant. As I continued on my way, the coyote headed back to the same area where I rousted him. I believe I might have interrupted his breakfast, because I am thinking he must have had some good eats over there!

Speaking of good eats; last night’s beef pot roast was awesome! :)

Gravy should be its own food group



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails