Thursday, June 05, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night...

I’ve had a busy week. Lots of stuff going on at work, including a busy project load, as well as some client meetings that ate up a better part of Wednesday. It will feel very good when Friday arrives!

Kind of an interesting week weather-wise; for the most part it has been fairly gloomy and overcast. However, where yesterday was supposed to be overcast and cool, during my afternoon run it was sunny and gorgeous! That is kind of screwing up the forecast in reverse, isn’t it? That almost never happens!

Yesterday’s run was also kind of interesting weather-wise, as we had a bit of something that I hadn’t experienced in awhile; humidity, coupled with warmth. Temps were in the low 70’s, and in checking the dew points after my run, they were rising into the mid 50’s. Nothing oppressive or tropical, just enough to be noticeable, and definitely a harbinger of things to come as we roll into summer!

Birds are clearly in their nesting modes right now. Running through the woods, I can hear young birds cheeping and squeaking from their nests. And my local eagles have two offspring that are huge! They look like they should be leaving the nest any minute. Wow, do they ever grow up fast.

But today, it stormed and absolutely poured on the drive home. I'm talking sheets of rain. This was disappointing, as I had a run planned tonight. More rain is on the way. And as the great writer, Snoopy, once said; "It was a dark and stormy night." :)

I want to wish good luck to two long-time readers and fellow running bloggers, Rick and Bob. They are both running in the Kettle Moraine 100 (good grief!) in Wisconsin this weekend. Best wishes to you guys! I hope the Midwestern hospitality treats you well, and I look forward to reading about your experiences!

And, just because, here is last weekend's super yummy spicy chicken and vegetable stir-fry...

I like stir-fries




Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails