Thursday, July 17, 2008

A stormy trail run photo

I got neat e-mail yesterday from the Race Director of the Chester Woods Trail Run that I participated in last month. He had a link to his album with hundreds of photos from the race, and he kindly invited the runners to copy all that they wanted.

I found a photo of myself, and I absolutely love it. I do not have too many racing action shots of myself, so I thought this was pretty cool. This was taken on what was called the "Big Dam Hill" (the hill overlooking the dam, appropriately enough), and as you can see, the weather was a little interesting.

Running through the storm



It was sometime after 9 AM at this point of the race and I look like I am running in the dark. In fact, I don't even remember seeing a photographer and probably would have mistaken a flash for lightning anyhow! Whatever the case, I like the photo because I almost look like I know what I am doing, and because it is nice to have a memento like this from my favorite race so far this year.

Many thanks again to the Chester Woods Race Director and all of the volunteers. That was a great event!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails