Thursday, August 14, 2008

A day off from running, but not from cooking

It was a day off from running, so I don't have too much to say; but my shrimp Pad Thai tonight was so pretty and delicious that I just had to share! :)

Mmmm...Thai food!



I cooked a nice dinner this evening, which is something of a rarity on a weekday. Usually I am too busy after work, but today I just took my time and made something fun that I was craving. The dish was wonderful; sweet and spicy, with lots of great textures and flavors. Yum!

I also started prepping some cucumbers to make refrigerator sweet pickles. This is a two day process, so the sliced, lightly salted cukes are sitting in the fridge right now so they can release some of their liquids overnight. Tomorrow, they get the pickling treatment! More on them in the next post.

Cooking up a storm tonight,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails