Thursday, September 11, 2008

10 days

Field of goldenrod in the meadow along my running trails, the picture doesn't do much justice in showing how pretty this is!



I’ve had a busy week at work. Some client meetings ate up most of my day yesterday, and I have some training that will occupy most of my Friday. Needless to say, I am looking forward to the weekend!

Running was nice this evening, but the weather had a little bit of everything; it started out sunny, progressively got cloudy, and I was caught in a downpour as I arrived back home!

There are more signs of fall every day. I am seeing a yellowish tint to the trees in some places. The meadow along my running route, pictured above, is brilliant right now with goldenrod everywhere you look. This is such a pretty time in this state.

Today I noticed large numbers of blue jays. This is definitely a signal that fall is approaching when you see all those guys on the move. Also, I had a very odd sighting. A dozen or more nighthawks were busy feeding over the trails. This is unusual, as they are generally seen feeding as dusk and dawn. Perhaps they were duped by the dark, overcast conditions? Whatever the case, it was fun to have a chance to see them in daylight.

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. And the pizza I made for my birthday dinner was most delicious; bacon, sliced grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and four kinds of cheese. Yum!

The birthday pizza



My “big race” is fast approaching. In 10 days, I am going to be running in the Fox Cities Marathon in Appleton, WI. Currently I’m in my “taper,” so I have been dialing the mileage down a bit as I head into the final week of training. Very excited about this race; it seems like a nice, medium-sized event, providing a sort of a “big city race” feel at a cheaper rate and without the enormous crowds (like Twin Cities or Grandma’s, for instance). Also, the area looks quite pretty. I think Wisconsin is vastly underrated in terms of its beauty, so I am looking forward to the whole experience.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails