Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall is near. So is race day.

Fall colors showing up along my running trail



Some of the bigger trees around the lake are starting to show some yellow



As you can see, things are starting to get colorful here in the Twin Cities. Every day, you are seeing more and more leaves changing.

Our weather this week has been nothing short of spectacular. We have had high 70's, sunshine, and no humidity for several days now. I am hard pressed to recall a stretch of days that have been this comfortable. These are the days you dream about here in Minnesota! I've had a couple of good, easy runs this week. With the weather like this, it certainly isn't hard to want to be outside.

Of course, I am going through the typical anxious last few days of the taper. Feeling like you need to be running more than you are, trying to eat well, getting some good rest, etc. The big race is three days away!

This will likely be my last post before my "Assault on Appleton." I've got a laundry list of things to do (laundry included) before I leave. Also, there is a happy hour at work tomorrow afternoon (yes, I said "at work"...my company is cool!). I won't be imbibing, but I should make an appearance. But then I need to get in one final, really easy run, pack my bags, and I will hit the road Saturday.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and I look forward to returning with many stories from the Fox Valley in Wisconsin! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails