Friday, October 10, 2008

You've got mail

Fall colors from my deck on Wednesday



The colors are gorgeous in the Twin Cities right now. This is one of the nicest fall seasons I remember. Relatively mild temperatures, pretty days, and the air is starting to smell of dried leaves. It is hard to complain!

It has been a busy week, but the runs have made for welcome breaks from the craziness. I have seen a number of different birds, including juncos, cormorants, and many sparrows, all of them making the move south. The woolly bear rescue mission goes on, as I seem to pick up a half a dozen off the trail every time I go out!

So as of this past week, I have been with my company for a year now. And, just this week I finally got my own mailbox in the break room! My company is quite small, and they were out of mailbox space until recently when some of my colleagues moved to a different office space. That freed up a box, so now I can get mail.

I joked with my boss that at some companies, they give you things like a watch on your anniversary. Instead, I got a mailbox. Sweet! I guess that means I am official now! :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails