Friday, December 05, 2008

Below zero wind chill with snow on the way

Last night’s run was sort of chilly; 14 degrees and very blustery, making for a wind chill of -1.

Today I was having a conversation with a coworker who knows I am a runner. She had asked me if I went running last night. I said yes, and that I regretted not wearing my full facemask. My face got quite cold and my goatee frosted over.

But, I also told her that it wasn’t that cold because I had no frost on my eyelashes. I explained that, to me, a frost buildup on your eyelashes was one of the true indicators of really cold weather.

She stared at me with a look of incredulity, said “OK, I have nothing to say to that,” and told me she wasn’t leaving the house this weekend!

At any rate, she is right; it will be a good weekend to hole up next to the fireplace, cook some nice dinners, and take in a whole bunch of great football. And tonight we are supposed to get our first significant snow of the season.

The National Weather Circus is calling for upwards of 3 inches in my neighborhood. The snow ought to make for some interesting running on Saturday morning. Well, the snow, coupled with the continued below zero wind chills they are also predicting.

Perhaps there will be frosty eyelashes after all? :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails