Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let's Bowl!

A clip of Wally and "Chopper" from the old Comedy Central show, "Let's Bowl." (Filmed in Minnesota, even!)



Tomorrow my company is having our Christmas party, and we're going bowling, baby! In fact, they have already divided us up into teams, and there has been plenty of e-mail trash talk going around. I haven't bowled in a few years, so this ought to be interesting. But a good time will be had by all, that is for certain!

I had a nice run tonight. It was a crisp 17 degrees, but calm, so it really didn't feel very cold. I saw but one other person (another runner), and a very large red-tailed hawk, so it was a quiet night on the trails.

In looking at my running spreadsheet, tonight's run put me over the 6000 career mile mark since I started running "seriously" over 4 1/2 years ago. It was pretty cool to see that odometer turn over. Here is to the next 6000 and beyond! :)

A full report on my bowling exploits to follow. So, as the announcers Wally and Chopper would have said at the beginning of their short-lived but classic show:

"Leeeeeeeeet's....BOWL!"

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails