Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Above zero, and good lasagna

A relatively nice day here at 10 degrees above zero (it is nice to say "above zero" for a change).

I had a good 5 mile run after work this afternoon. The sun was trying hard to peek through the clouds, and there was a breeze, so the wind chill was about 2 (above zero, that is!).

The trails were somewhat slick. It looked like they had gone in with a plow and tried to scrape down some of the snow packed areas, but they seemed to have made it worse. Nothing treacherous, just kind of annoying because it was difficult to feel speedy when you are stepping and sliding. Oh well! The National Weather Circus is calling for a dusting of snow tomorrow into Thursday, so that should fix things!

On Sunday, I cooked up some lasagna with spicy Italian sausage and mushrooms. I used the traditional method this time as opposed to Giada de Laurentiis' rolled up lasagna.

Sunday lasagna; molto bene!



I am becoming more and more convinced that some Italian found its way into my French/Norwegian heritage. Perhaps I have some long lost ancestor from Italy named Chiara who instilled a fond interest in this kind of food?

Whatever the case, some of my best dishes are Italian, and this lasagna was no exception. Bravissimo! Giada, you've got nothing on me, girl... :)

See Giada cook...cook Giada, cook!



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails